Dr. Michael Engelhardt
Dr. Michael Engelhardt
In addition to general civil law, one of the focus points of Dr. Engelhardt’s work is in the area of gambling law.
Lawyer Dr. Michael Engelhardt is mainly active in the entire field of civil law.
He also focuses primarily on the area of inheritance law and business succession.
A further focus of Dr. Engelhardt’s work lies in the area of competition law. He advises and represents clients in cases of competition law warnings both extrajudicially and judicially.
In addition to general civil law, Dr. Engelhardt is also active in the area of gambling law. This includes, among other things, the re-licensing of gaming arcades or the preparation of location analyses (under gaming and construction law) in the run-up to a re-licensing, but also the succession planning of family businesses.
Already during his studies and legal clerkship, Dr. Engelhardt was scientifically active and published in educational and professional journals. He continued this activity after his exams and, in addition to his work as a lawyer at the Institute for Business Law, Labor and Social Law, Department IV: Intellectual Property Law, he completed his doctorate under Professor Dr. Maximilian Haedicke in the field of European patent law.
Dr. Engelhardt is also involved in the Pro Bono Legal Advice for Students Freiburg e.V., where he advises student groups in the drafting and resolution of actual student disputes as needed.
- 2013 – Juristische Arbeitsblätter (Journal) (JA 2013, 269 – 273; 330 – 335) – “Fate of the expectant right in the event of the sale of an object sold under reservation of title – Parts I & II”
- 2014 – Zeitschrift für Schadensrecht (Journal) (ZfSch 2014, 604 – 608) – “Liability of the falsus procurator – alternative basis for claiming damages”
- 2017 – Automatenmarkt (Journal) – “Warning letters in the gambling industry”
- 2017 – Zeitschrift für Wett- und Glücksspielrecht (ZfWG 2017, 242 – 248) – “Die wettbewerbsrechtliche Relevanz glücksspielrechtlicher Normen”
- 2018 – Newsdienst ZD-Aktuell der Zeitschrift für Datenschutz Heft 18 – 2018 (ZD-Aktuell 2018, 06349) – “Die datenschutzrechtliche Zulässigkeit des Klingelschilds” (RA Dr. Engelhardt & RA Riess)
- 2019 – Dissertation veröffentlicht in HSP – Heymanns Schriften zum Patentrecht – „Der Neuheitsbegriff des Europäischen Patents mit einheitlicher Wirkung – Probleme und Lösungen neuheitsschädlicher nationaler Nachveröffentlichungen“
- 08/2019 – Automatenmarkt – “Das Datenschutzrecht und seine Fallstricke beachten” (RA Dr. Engelhardt)